Saturday, June 27, 2020

Hurray for My Side?

Are we so guilty of not loving one another, that we need to draw party lines, and create causes and movements simply asking for the respect that we already deserve as God’s children?

I’m realistic in knowing who I am, and what I’m not. I know that I’ll never win a 50 yard dash, or a Nobel Prize. I know about the amount of loss that can come one’s way, and still be left to wonder why. I know the collective evils of our past, and how we’re called to build upon times when we lost our humanity, making this life something worth passing on to our children and grandchildren.

I’m trying to stay positive, but it’s very difficult to see my country become such a polarized community, maintain such anger and cynicism, that it can’t just allow itself to breathe and to become the great society and source of life that it can truly be.

So Please... Please, from the bottom of this heart, that has felt so much love and acceptance from just about everyone along my way, especially in midst if my own imperfection, could you just relax?

I need no slogans, or a banner to fly on my behalf... What I need is for us to work hard on becoming the amazing children of God that we are, and I need us to be ok with our needs and flaws, and ask for help when the time comes. 

And when that time comes, and someone asks for help... For God’s sake, give it!

No comments:

Post a Comment