Monday, October 2, 2017

Peace, Love and Understanding - NOW!

"So where are the strong, and who are the trusted? 
And where is the harmony, sweet harmony?" (Elvis Costello)

It is worth noting that yet another act of violence has come to our land, and we will undoubtedly attempt to galvanize our country and our community with tweets and posts of support and concern, like #Praying4Vegas!  But I'm a little skeptical and speechless now,  so I'll just depend on two songs, and some past GregBlog reflections to help speak the message from a heart that still believes...


from a GregBlog Feb. 26, 2016...

What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

From time to time, this gem of a song appears on my playlist, and I am always encouraged. Elvis Costello penned the tune decades ago, capturing then, and now, a political chaos that always seems to take center stage, and the urge of simpletons like me to want to keep it all simple. No conclusions here, nor will I worry myself over "rockstar candidates" coming to town, or undereducated angst about what is or is not constitutional enough... I'll just be, and trust the movement of the Spirit in an adolescent society, kicking and screaming it's way towards it's inevitable need to accept the reality that it's time to grow up and make responsible decisions with the greater good in mind.

What's So Funny 'Bout Peace, Love and Understanding?
by Elvis Costello

And as I walked on
Through troubled times
My spirit gets so downhearted sometimes
So where are the strong
And who are the trusted?
And where is the harmony?
Sweet harmony.

'Cause each time I feel it slippin' away, just makes me wanna cry.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding? Ohhhh
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
-------------------
From a GregBlog May, 2013... 

"What are words for, when nobody listens?" (Missing Persons)

No comments:

Post a Comment